I started working for Torrid back in March of 2012. When I first started working there, I thought this was my dream job; I get to help people find their own personal style, I get to meet new people, I got to see what’s trendy before it is put out for people to buy, I got to make people happy, but most of all I get that discount which was amazing! Women would come in looking for clothes and leave finding their own identity in fashion.
But Let me tell you something, working the dressing room was a challenge! lol Women would come in there all types of crazy. Even though we are there to serve you, there should be some type of etiquette for dressing rooms. And here they are:
1. “You must take a shower before trying on clothes!”- A lot of women have come into Torrid with horrible Body odor and they knew that they were going to want to try on clothes. Every time someone left the dressing room, I had to Lysol a room down because it smelled horrible! lol Be considerate of the next person coming to trying on clothes.
2. “Do not try on underwear without underwear!”- A lot of times women come in there trying to find their true size and that’s ok, but someone else is going to buy that piece of underwear and they don’t want your body stains on the clothing. That’s very unsanitary for you to not wear underwear while trying on undergarments. lol
3. “Always take an item one size up and one size down!”- I don’t know if you have this issue, but my body fluctuates from time to time. I have found it easier that when I go into a dressing room to take 3 sizes of each item.
4. “Ask Questions!”- The worker is there to help you find what you need. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions and don’t be afraid to ask for their opinion on some items. That’s what they are there for.
5. “It looks different on you!”-Never be afraid to try something on even if it looks crazy on a mannequin or hanger. It always looks different on you.
I know you are probably thinking this girl is crazy! lol I just had to tell the truth about us. You gotta love me!